Monday, June 10, 2013

Beyond Jansport

 

My stylish friend Allison.




















Oh, the backpack. While at times I cringe when I slip my Dakine straps over my shoulders, once again ruining a perfectly cute outfit, I cannot disagree with the practicality of the backpack. Even though my backpack is no fashion statement, I have noticed that more and more students are carrying stylish options. From floral prints to leather trim, the backpack has gotten a facelift and moved beyond the black Jansport.

One of the most stylish and popular backpacks I've seen on campus is the Herschel. Started in 2009 in Canada, The Herschel Supply Co. is creating canvas backpacks that come in a variety of styles and colors that can be seen on male and female shoulders alike. Though the company is quite new, its backpacks are as a prevalent as any North Face or Jansport backpack.

Whether a Herschel backpack has a punchy red or leather bottom, I'm just glad that backpacks are making a stylish comeback!

Here are some other Herschel options (I love the polka dot one):

1. Polka dot - here
2. Teal - here
3. Black - here

No comments :

Post a Comment